Motherland in danger : Soviet propaganda during World War II /
Berkhoff addresses one of the most neglected questions facing historians of the Second World War: how did the Soviet leadership sell the campaign against the Germans to people on the home front? Motherland in Danger takes us inside the Stalinist state to witness, up close, how the Soviet media refle...
|Online Access:||Electronic book from EBSCO|
Cambridge, Massachusetts :
Harvard University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Stalinist propaganda as a system for control
- Selfless obedience and heroism at the front
- A single forced labor camp
- Material privations
- Monstrous atrocities
- A bestial plan for physical extermination
- Hatred with all the might of the soul
- The motherland and its peoples
- Immortal avengers and enemy accomplices
- Allies who must join the action.