Progressive dystopia : abolition, antiblackness, + schooling in San Francisco /
"Savannah Shange's Progressive Dystopia is an activist ethnography of Robeson Justice Academy, a progressive Black and Brown school in San Francisco, which despite its commitments to social justice ends up replicating anti-Blackness. Black students are more likely to be punished, and progr...
Duke University Press,
Table of Contents:
- #ourlivesmatter: mapping an abolitionist anthropology
- 'A long history of seeing': historicizing the progressive dystopia
- Why can't we learn African?: academic pathways, coalition pedagogy, and the demands of abolition
- The kids in the hall: space and governance in Frisco's plantation futures
- Ordinary departures: flesh, bodies, and border management at Robeson
- Black skin, brown masks: carceral progressivism and the co-optation of Xicanx nationalism
- Coda: My afterlife got afterlives.