Teaching with digital humanities : tools and methods for nineteenth-century American literature /
"Scholars of nineteenth-century American literature have been at the forefront of digital humanities scholarship with several of the most successfully funded and publicized digital projects, including The Walt Whitman Archive, the Emily Dickinson Electronic Archive, and the Melville Electronic...
University of Illinois Press,
|Series:||Topics in the digital humanities.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : digital humanities and the nineteenth-century American literature classroom / Jessica DeSpain and Jennifer Travis
- Part one : Make. Kaleidoscopic pedagogy in the classroom laboratory / Ryan Cordell, Benjamin J. Doyle, and Elizabeth Hopwood
- The trials and errors of building Prudence Person's scrapbook : an annotated digital edition / Ashley Reed
- Nineteenth-century literary history in a web 2.0 world / Augusta Rohrbach
- Part two : Read. Melville by design / Wyn Kelley
- Data approaches to Emily Dickinson and Eliza R. Snow / Cynthia L. Hallen
- Reading macro and micro trends in nineteenth-century theater history / Blair Best, Madeleine G. Cella, Rati Choudhary, Kayla C. Coleman, Robert Davis, Ella L. Gill, Clayton Grimm, Malin Jörnvi, Philip Kenner, Patrick Korkuch, Mahayla Laurence, Joanna Pisano, Teagan Rabuano, Lawrence G. Richardson, Haley Sakamoto, Victoria K. Sprowls
- Part three : Recover. What we've learned (about recovery) through the Just Teach One project / Duncan Faherty and Ed White
- The Just Teach One : early African American print project / Nicole N. Aljoe, Eric Gardner, and Molly O'Hagan Hardy
- Teaching the politics and practice of textual recovery with DIY critical editions / Caroline M. Woidat
- Part four : Archive. Putting students "in Whitman's hand" / Catherine Waitinas
- Making digital humanities tools more culturally specific and more culturally sensitive / Celeste Tuòng Vy Sharpe and Timothy B. Powell
- Teaching bioregionalism in a digital age / Ken Cooper and Elizabeth Argentieri
- Part five : Act. DH and the American literature canon in pedagogical practice / Amy E. Earhart
- Uncle Tom's Cabin and archives of injustice / Edward Whitley
- Merging print and digital literacies in the African American literature classroom / Tisha M. Brooks.