Uncle Tom's cabins : the transnational history of America's most mutable book /
"As Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin traveled around the world, it was molded by the imaginations and needs of international audiences. For over 150 years it has been coopted for a dazzling array of causes far from what its author envisioned. This book tells thirteen va...
Ann Arbor :
University of Michigan Press,
- Introduction / Tracy C. Davis and Stefka Mihaylova. I. Destination Points. Oh, Canaan! Following the North Star to Canada / Tracy C. Davis
- "I Go to Liberia": Following Uncle Tom's Cabin to Africa / Marcy J. Dinius. II. Freedom's Pathways. Eliza's French Fathers: Race, Gender, and Transatlantic Paternalism in French Stage Adaptations of Uncle Tom's Cabin, 1853 / Emily Sahakian
- Representing the Slave Trader: Haley and the Slave Ship; or, Spain's Uncle Tom's Cabin / Lisa Surwillo
- The Bonds of Translation: A Cuban Encounter with Uncle Tom's Cabin / Kahlil Chaar-Pérez
- "Black and White Are One": Anti-Amalgamation Laws, Roma Slaves, and the Romanian Nation on the Mid-nineteenth-century Moldavian Stage / Ioana Szeman
- "Schwarze Sklaven, Weisse Sklaven": The German Reception of Harriet Beecher Stowe's Uncle Tom's Cabin / Heike Paul. III. Recirculating Currents. From Abolition to Blackface: The Vicissitudes of Uncle Tom in Brazil / César Braga-Pinto
- Medializing Race: Uncle Tom's Cabin in Colonial Southeast Asia / meLê yamomo
- The Divided Poland: Religion, Race, and the Cold War Politics in the Rozmaito'ci Theater's Production of Uncle Tom's Cabin in Kraków in 1961 / Katarzyna Jakubiak
- Raising Proper Citizens: Uncle Tom's Cabin and the Sentimental Education of Bulgarian Children during the Soviet Era / Stefka Mihaylova
- Harriet Beecher, from Beirut to Tehran: Raising the Cabin in the Middle East / Jeffrey Einboden
- Staging Uncle Tom's Cabin in Tehran / Debra J. Rosenthal.