Essential papers on Judaism and Christianity in conflict : from late antiquity to the Reformation /
|Published:||New York : New York University Press, , ©1991.|
|Series:||Essential papers on Jewish studies.
Table of Contents:
- Against the Jews / Mark U. Edwards, Jr.
- John Calvin and the Jews / Salo W. Baron
- The burning of the Talmud in 1553, in light of sixteenth-century Catholic attitudes toward the Talmud / Kenneth R. Stow
- At the crossroads : Tannaitic perspectives on the Jewish-Christian schism / Lawrence H. Schiffman
- Social and religious segregation / Jacob Katz
- From politics to martyrdom : shifting paradigms in the Hebrew narratives of the 1096 Crusade riots / Ivan G. Marcus
- The Jewish-Christian debate in the High Middle Ages / David Berger
- Champion of Jewish economic interests / David B. Ruderman.
- The Dead Sea sect and pre-Pauline Christianity / David Flusser
- Breaking away : three New Testament pictures of Christianity's separation from the Jewish communities / Wayne A. Meeks
- History or theology? : the basic problems of the evidence of the trial of Jesus / S.G.F. Brandon
- Christian anti-semitism / Marcel Simon
- The Adversus Judaeos tradition in the Church fathers : the exegesis of Christian anti-Judaism / Rosemary Radford Ruether
- The Roman Church and the Jews / B. Blumenkranz
- The papal Bull Sicut Judeis / Solomon Grayzel
- The crusading movement in its bearing on the Christian attitude towards Jewry / H. Liebeschutz
- The Jews in Christian Europe / Lester K. Little
- The medieval conception of the Jew : a new interpretation / Cecil Roth
- Scholarship and intolerance in the medieval academy : the study and evaluation of Judaism in European Christendom / Jeremy Cohen.