News nerds : institutional change in journalism /
"Journalism, at the core, is the presentation of news through media. While news has not changed - headlines today are dominated by politicians, celebrities, wars, crime, and sports just as they were a century ago - how "journalists" both gather and disseminate information has been tur...
|Online Access:||Electronic book from Oxford Scholarship Online|
New York, NY :
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Oxford studies in digital politics.
Table of Contents:
- News nerds
- Institutional change and the profession of journalism
- Destabilization of established journalism practices
- Experimentation and evaluation in the profession of journalism
- Legitimization of news nerds
- Diffusion of news nerds
- Institutional augmentation and the future of news nerds
- Appendix: data and methods.