Welcome to fear city : crime film, crisis, and the urban imagination /
|Online Access:||Electronic book from EBSCO|
State University of New York Press,
|Series:||SUNY series, horizons of cinema.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Crime film and the messy city
- Parking garage, apartment, disco, skyscraper: Alan J. Pakula's banal modernity
- Everyone here is a cop: urban spectatorship in the super cop cycle
- Detroit 9000 and Hollywood's Midwest
- Bystander effects: Death wish and the Taking of Pelham one two three
- Conclusion: The lure of the city.