Women's movements in twentieth-century Taiwan /
This book is the first in English to consider women's movements and feminist discourses in twentieth-century Taiwan. Doris T. Chang examines the way in which Taiwanese women in the twentieth century selectively appropriated Western feminist theories to meet their needs in a modernizing Confucia...
|Online Access:||Electronic book from EBSCO|
Electronic book from EBSCO
University of Illinois Press,
Women > Taiwan > History > 20th century.
Table of Contents:
- Feminist discourses and women's movements under Japanese colonial rule, 1895-1945
- The Kuomintang policies on women and government-affiliated women's organizations
- Hsiu-lien Annette Lu : the pioneering stage of the postwar autonomous women's movement and the democratic opposition, 1972-79
- Lee Yuan-chen and Awakening, 1982-89
- The autonomous women's movement and feminist discourse in the post-martial law era.