On the edge : recent perspectives on police suicide /
In this book, the authors extend their academic research and knowledge on the subject to a national level. Two of the authors, who have personally dealt with the aftermath of suicide, add a realistic description of what it is like to be "on the edge." Andy O'Hara, who survived his nea...
|Online Access:||Electronic book from EBSCO|
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Springfield, Ill. :
Charles C Thomas,
Table of Contents:
- The controversy of police suicide rates / John M. Violanti
- Recent national studies on police suicide / John M. Violanti
- Pathways to police suicide : trauma stress across the career / John M. Violanti
- Why police officers do not commit suicide : personal and organizational resiliency / John M. Violanti
- The reality of police suicide : to the edge and back / Andrew F. O'Hara
- Looking for new prevention alternatives : the Badge of life emotional self-care (ESC) training / Andrew F. O'Hara
- Survivors : the personal tragedy of police suicide / Teresa T. Tate
- What next? Prevention efforts / Andrew F. O'Hara, Teresa T. Tate, John M. Violanti.