The politics of apolitical culture : the Congress for Cultural Freedom, the CIA and post-war American hegemony /
|Online Access:||Electronic book from EBSCO|
London ; New York :
|Series:||Routledge/PSA political studies series.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Intellectuals and hegemony
- 2. The political economy of US hegemony 1945-50
- 3. Securing the Pax Americana : overt and covert agendas
- 4. The formation of the Congress for Cultural Freedom
- 5. The search for consensus 1950-2
- 6. The end of ideology and "the future of freedom."