Behind the mask of chivalry : the making of the second Ku Klux Klan /
Behind the Mask of Chivalry brings the "invisible phalanx" of the Ku Klux Klan of the 1920s into broad daylight, culling from history the names, the life stories, and the driving motivations of the anonymous Klansmen beneath the white hoods and robes. Author Nancy MacLean exposes the inner...
|Online Access:||Electronic book from EBSCO|
New York :
Oxford University Press,
- Mobilizing the Invisible Army
- "Where Money Rules and Morals Rot": The Vise of Modernity
- Men in the Middle: The Class Composition of the Klan
- Reactionary Populism: The Politics of Class
- "Cleaning Up" Morality: The Politics of Sex and Age
- The Approaching Apocalypse: The Politics of Race
- Paramilitary Paternalism: The Politics of Terror
- Conclusion: The Second Klan in Larger Perspective.