Fictions of Western American domesticity : Indian, Mexican, and Anglo women in print culture, 1850-1950 /
|Online Access:||Electronic book from Proquest Ebook Central Academic Complete|
University of New Mexico Press,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Theliterature of modern American domesticity
- Delegating domesticity: white women writers and the new American housekeepers
- Dialoging domesticity: resisting and assimilating "The American lady" in early Mexican American women's writing
- Regulating domesticity: Carlisle School's publications and children's books for "American princesses"
- Practicing domesticity: from domestic outing programs to sovereign domesticity
- Epilogue. Fashioning femininity: "Types of American girls"; "Types of Indian girls"; and the "Wrong kind of [Mexican] woman"